Bears and humans have been sharing the parks since they've existed.
Usually, bears are afraid of humans and will leave people alone.
Here are some tips for avoiding bears in the National Parks:
- Hike with multiple people - usually 3 or more will do
- Be aware of your surroundings
- Don't provoke animals or sneak up on them
- Make a lot of noise so animals are not surprised
- Carry bear spray
- Don't run if you see a bear
- Stay on the paths and trails
- Always pack up your food and put it away when you are done
Leave a comment